Thursday, December 07, 2006

First week in the backcoutnry. Diesel got his first turns of the season, and my skis got thier first real rocks of the season, as well as my body. We had a good group of strong skier out this weekend. Unfortunately the group was 8 strong for most of the weekend. They were all good people, and I want to go out with all of them again, but man I hate big groups. The decision making is poor, sometimes even dangerous, and everything moves slow. Anyways it was a beautiful weekend and we had a blast.

Now it's back to the midwest for a few days. We leave Friday morning (Dec. 8) to fly to Minneapolis. This trip has a four-fold purpose. I have to go to Indianapolis to present at the Entomological Society of America meeeting. Lindsey needs to go to Ames to DEFEND her dissertation (that's right she is going to be DONE with school). Charlie (Lindsey's brother who is going to be living with us a for a spell this winter) is graduating form Iowa State. And Lindsey's family is going to be around so we will celebrate Christmas together. Of course we will get to spend some quality time with Lindsey's folks, something I have not gotten to do since last Thanksgiving. There is also a chance we will get to watch a Cyclones mens hoops game.... of course there will be plenty of pork consumption on my part.

The photos posted below are from skiing last weekend. One is of course Diesel running, the one on skis is my buddy Trevor turning, and the boarder is my buddy Chris (who is staying with the dogs while we are away). This was Chris's first trip to the backcountry with a split board.



No comments: